Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sunshine and salt-air.

Things are good these days.

My lungs are full of air, and I can run for a good distance without stumbling or tiring. It makes me feel young and vibrant again. My kitchen is filled with good smells and fresh ingredients.  My daughter laughs at my jokes, and holds me when I have to go. My friends are awesome, my job is rewarding.

I look out the window, and I see sunshine today. I smell the salt-thick ocean air, and my memories take me back to trips on my dad's old sailboat, adventures in Ocean Shores, kites, geocaches, and days when the light just seemed to never go out.

There's a great power in taking control of your life, of something as simple as pushing yourself to do things that you've never done - as though you need to remind yourself sometimes that you are not as old and weak as you felt before, not as powerless over your circumstances.

The summer looms, hot days, nights filled with friends, games, cooking. Family, new friendships, old stories being written anew in the seemingly forever-days of July and August.

It's hard not to feel content.

No comments: